Tips for Allergy-Proofing Your Home
Cleaning Tips for Allergy Sufferers
- Wear a dust mask while you’re cleaning.
- Vacuum once or twice weekly using a machine with HEPA filters.
- Use a damp cloth or mop to trap allergens.
- Cut down on clutter to reduce dust.
- Have a family member help you clean so that you can limit your exposure to allergens.
- After you clean, leave the house for a few hours while the dust settles.
- Use covers to protect mattresses and pillows from dust mites.
- Wash bedding in hot water every week.
- Clean curtains regularly. If you have blinds, switch to roller shades.
- Use fragrance-free cleaning products because some perfumes trigger allergy symptoms.
- Remove your shoes at the door so that the pollen doesn’t come in with you.
- Sweep porches and patios to reduce the amount of pollen that might come indoors.
- Scrub surfaces in the bathroom. Wash the shower curtain regularly.
- Promptly remove food waste from the kitchen. Keep surfaces clean. Check for water leaks.
- Instead of opening the windows, use the air conditioner to prevent pollen from entering.
Air Purifiers and Allergy Solutions
- Install a whole-house air purifier. These units can remove the smallest germs and allergens in your home.
Installing a Trane CleanEffects™ Air Cleaner in-line with your HVAC system will supply your home with cleaner and healthier air. This revolutionary air purifier removes 99.98% of airborne particles from your indoor air ensuring that you won’t be breathing in harmful bacteria, viruses, or allergens. Now more than ever, having the cleanest indoor air possible for you and your family will help everyone stay well.
- Finally, consider a duct cleaning to remove irritants that are hidden in the ducts or that were left by the previous owner.
You May Also Like
In everyday life, we tend to think of “recovery” as a time to rest or heal after something bad happens. This fall,… Continue Reading Why Is My Thermostat in Recovery Mode in West Boca, FL?…
Cooler months in Margate, FL are on their way, meaning it’s time to start thinking about how to keep your heating bills… Continue Reading 7 Tips for Keeping Your Heating Bills Low in Margate, FL…
Pets are an integral and important part of our lives. Along with their love and compassion, they bring with them dander, hair,… Continue Reading How Pets Impact Indoor Air Quality in West Boca, FL…